PUT A SPRING IN YOUR… SKIN
The snow has finally stopped, and you can feel spring in the air! After a cold spell and the change of seasons your skin needs to readjust. To make the process as smooth as your skin goals, the experts at Dr Hauschka (the best organic skin care) are sharing their insider tips to transition into spring with glowing skin.
As with all aspects of life, for our skin no two days are the same. That is why for the past 50 years Dr. Hauschka have been carefully working to care for and support skin as it adapts to both environmental and internal changes affecting our complexion. Skin can become especially heightened when the seasons are changing and it’s easy to forget how exposed to the elements and environments it can be. This can include heavily heated offices, cold outdoor conditions and the dusty environments of public transport.
HOW TO TRUMP THE ELEMENTS
SPRING CLEAN YOUR SKIN
Winter elements and urban environments can leave you with a build-up of dry skin, product residue, and pollution. When the weather becomes milder you want to start with a clean slate, out with the old, and in with a fresh face. Up your routine with a higher intensity cleanser or exfoliator that goes deep. If you have sensitive skin be sensible and go for something gentle like our classic cleansing cream which uses almond meal to remove impurities and dirt from the skin without damaging sensitive lower layers, then double up and cleanse twice, once to take the day off, once for pollution.
LEARN TO LAYER
During the cold season skin can become dry and lacklustre as it has to balance out extreme temperature differences. In such conditions go for a richer cream over your usual day care to provide additional protection. When the milder days arrive it’s time to pair back your routine. Invest in a lighter day cream but be prepared to layer up with something richer when the odd cold day hits.
GET SPF SMART
It might not be 30 degrees and time to brave bare legs yet, but we still need to protect our skin against UVA and UVB rays as the weather picks up. Even your walk to work, lunch outside, and getting from A-B we can be exposed to enough sunlight to damage our skin and a simple daily SPF in your moisturiser or foundation could protect you from this.
GET INTO A ROUTINE + STICK TO IT!
Be consistent! Especially in the colder months and when transitioning from here into spring we recommend maintaining a classic concept of cleanse, tone, and moisturise.
When the clocks back this month, we will be waking up an hour earlier. Time to pick natural products that energise your skin not makes it heavy. This works internally too. Be sure you are taking on enough water as the weather warms up, but also to make the most of what’s seasonal and update your diet. Spring and March especially is great for cucumber, broccoli spring greens and root vegetables. For a quick hit pick up a Plenish Boost, packed with cucumber and broccoli to get glowing from the inside out.
Dr. Hauschka’s Seasonal Hero Products:
Below are 5 products we could not live without during the changing seasons –
- Facial Toner: One of our most versatile products, it perfectly prepares skin for moisturiser and can also be used as a natural make up fixing spray. Pop into your handbag to use on the go and refresh your complexion throughout the day.
- Hydrating Cream Mask: Voted one of Powder Magazine’s favourite Face Masks, this rich and creamy formula provides the skin with an intensive dose of hydration leaving it silky smooth and radiant.
- Hydrating Hand Cream: Our hands are one of the most exposed areas of our body so it important to care for them all year round. Our Hydrating Hand Cream is both rich and fast-absorbing to provide delicate hands with instant care.
- Lip Care Stick: 100% natural ingredients including shea butter and beewax, deeply moisturise while providing light sun protection (SPF3).
- Eye Revive: We all look forward to seeing flowers bloom and blossom fall but it can create havoc for delicate and sensitive eyes. Our Eye Revive soothes puffy, tired and reddened eyes. Apply to a damp cotton pad and relax with them in place for 20 minutes.
About Dr. Hauschka
Dr. Hauschka has 50 Year’s Experience as a Global Pioneer of 100% Certified Natural and Organic Products
Your skin inherently knows how to look after and renew itself. Our products do not take over these tasks, but support your skin’s natural processes, guiding it to a state of balance. Dr. Hauschka products are formulated with unique, high-quality plant extracts and natural ingredients from organic, biodynamic and natural sources.
NATRUE Certified – A Guarantee That Products Are As Natural As Can Be
Our products are free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives, as well as mineral oil, silicones and PEGs. We also do not test on animals and are committed to socially-responsible business practices.