FUEL UP, DON’T BURNOUT
Get proactive and prevent burnout with fatigue and energy specialist Rosie Millen. Rosie shares her top 6 tips to staying ahead and beating burnout.
It’s no secret that burnout is becoming more common, especially with an urban setting like London. I became one of London’s burnout casualties. Turning my experience around I’m now a leading expert on the subject and share my experience to get help everyone beat burnout!
- Balance your blood sugar levels every day. By eating protein at every meal and snack it will help to keep your blood glucose on an even keel and provide you with sustainable energy throughout the day and avoid those mid-afternoon slumps.
- Get your 10 a day. Don’t let your nutrition levels deplete, keep your body running on plenty and fuel it with the right nutrition every day, before it’s too late. Try to incorporate a green juice into your day every day. Think of it as a positive addition. If you’re keeping yourself topped up with the good stuff you won’t every dip below. With new research showing you should be consuming 10 fruits and veggies a day not 5, a juice is the easiest way to get this on the go with your busy lifestyles. A Plenish juice contains a whopping 1kg of organic produce in every bottle so you can say 110% fuelled.
- SLEEP! Probably the most important thing. You need to be getting at least 8 hours a night to function properly. The hours of sleep you get between 10pm and midnight and 7am and 9am are the most refreshing. If you miss out on sleep and start to make it less of a priority it is a stress on the adrenals glands and will eventually catch you out.
- Productive rest. This is something I encourage my clients to do every day: For 10 mins in the morning or in the evening take yourself away and lie down to do some deep breathing and switch off your mind. Our minds are constantly busy and naturally tend to overthink. By taking 10 each day and just breathing out slowly it actually lowers the stress hormone cortisol.
- Honestly if you haven’t started doing this yet I really encourage you! The best thing mediation does is reduce anxiety. So, if you are in a state of overwhelm then you need to start doing it now! It really helps to centre you and focus your mind to a more relaxed, positive state. Download the apps Headspace and Calm to get you started.
- You time. I spoke to a chap the other day and he told me he didn’t have time to see his friends. I warned him there and then that you have to have ‘you time’, have fun and see your friends. Life is not all about work! We have to remember that we are humans, not robots, and that we need to laugh and draw the line. Make sure you set boundaries. This helped me massively. Whether it’s no work after 6pm, yoga on Saturday mornings, catching up with a friend on Friday nights, even a hot bath each night before bed – anything that works for you.
- Saying No. Are you the type of person who say yes to everything? Same here. Well I used to be. This got me really sick. Not being able to say no means you are trying to be everything to everyone which is SO tiring and energy consuming. You have to remember that you are the priority and your health is of upmost importance. The more you say yes, the more energy is consumed and the more you are heading towards burnout! So, don’t be afraid of saying no to a few things from now on.
Get more in, so you can get more out of life with a Plenish juice here.
For more on fatigue fighting, click here.