DO YOU HAVE ADRENAL FATIGUE?
Could adrenal fatigue be the reason you’re tired all the time? Nutritional therapist and adrenal fatigue specialist Rosie Millen shares the symptoms you need to look out for.
Are you the type of person who wakes up despite a good night’s sleep and still can’t get up? Are you fed up of dragging yourself through the day? Do you experience severe energy slumps whilst at your desk?
Then you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue.
This is caused by multiple stressors that build up over the years and something will be the final straw and you will slowly start to become exhausted.
Top 10 most common adrenal fatigue symptoms:
- You’re extremely exhausted
- You sleep loads but don’t feel refreshed
- You experience dizzy spells
- Your blood pressure is low
- You lose your drive and motivation
- Even small tasks are challenging
- You can’t think clearly
- You can’t exercise
- The adrenal glands can be sore
- You and your muscles feel weak
How do I know? Because it happened to me.
Having no energy every day for almost three years was really hard. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Waking up each day a shadow of your former self really takes its toll on your mind-set. I’ve never experienced anything more frustrating. However, three years on with persistent resting, sleeping, eating and mindfulness – I’m even better than I was.
Here is what you need to do.
- Make sure you are getting adequate sleep every night. You need a MINIMUM of 8 hours per night. This is when the stress hormone cortisol is being produced.
- Eat regularly! Every 3/4 hours to keep your blood sugar levels up and not experience the crashes.
- Increase your daily protein. You need a gram of protein per kilo of body weight. For example, if you weigh 60kilos you need 60 grams of protein per day. Protein is fundamental in the manufacturing of stress hormones.
- Avoid the foods that zap your energy and wreak havoc on your blood sugar levels: caffeine, sugar and alcohol.
- Supplement with a magnesium powder. This is ALWAYS low in people with burnout. You can take up to 200mg per day.
The bottom line.
This is just an introduction to adrenal fatigue but if any of these symptoms sound familiar and you want to know more, email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a natural energy boost, try our green energy pack here.